PROJECT MANAGER - SUBSTATIONS
?Due to a contract win, we are looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager. The role holder will be responsible for the successful delivery of Project(s) on time, to quality and budget, ensuring the margin expectations are maintained and where possible maximised. Projects include Substation upgrades/refurbishments (11kV to 400kV), new switchboard installations and protection relay replacement schemes. In addition to ensuring SHEQ is maintained to the highest standards on all projects under their control and operating within a culture embracing a Zero Harm, promoting continuous improvement monitored by Key Performance Indicators.
The main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Liaising with customers on potential enquiries, providing robust firm price submissions based on the required and reflective delivery of scope, budget & programme prior to submission.
- Establishing good communications with customers on their projects, ensuring the highest levels of control measures are present throughout the Project lifecycle for all activities.
- Fully understanding the terms and conditions of the contract scope under the guidance of /working with the company commercial departments as required.
- Accepting projects and deliver to tendered scope, budget & programme, actively seeking to increase gross margin performance.
- Attending & participating in monthly performance reviews (KPI’s) with the client
- Developing delivery strategy for each project to efficiently maximise project performance as tendered or through improved ways of delivery through effective planning and control.
- Providing programmes and resource requirements for project installation as required.
- Effectively managing variation control - including management of customer requirements to increase the project scope through effective variation control to agreed terms & conditions of contract.
- Maintaining and being responsible for high standards of Health, Safety & Environmental awareness - including reporting of all accidents, incidents and serious near misses, including any follow up investigations and actions as required.
- Maintaining an effective “risk & opportunity” register for all projects under their control including cost and programme related items.
- Coordinating and managing all procurement, engineering, manufacturing, Site resources and sub-contract interfaces for projects under their control in line with project delivery.
- Carrying out effective contract reviews with the finance team - including forecasting of financial and resource requirements.
- HNC/HND/Degree Qualified in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- A solid technical background in Control and Protection of high voltage systems is essential
- Substantial Project Management experience, ideally supported by PRINCE 2, APM or similar qualification.?
- Good working knowledge of SPEN standards and procedures, ideally with current SPEN Authorisations.
- NEBOSH/IOSH or other occupational safety related qualifcation
- Highly IT literate – daily user of MS Office suite – Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook. Lotus Notes, AutoCAD and Autodesk Raster Design.
- Working knowledge and practical application of Project management planning methodologies and tools preferred.
- Fully conversant with all compliance related activities and business conduct guidelines.
Job Reference: FR1268
Email CV to email@example.com
When sending the email please put Job Reference in the Subject Bar.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and all recruitment is in line with our Equality and Diversity policy.
Please Note: Agency applications will not be accepted.